Treo - IP protection class testing
The IP protection type code describes the protection of a casing or enclosure against the invasion of solid foreign bodies, against the contact with dangerous parts und against the intrusion of water. The different types of influences are divided into individual IP classes. The maximum durability, the resilience and the eligible application field of products are thus being made comparable for the user.
Our test chambers, which comply with industry standards, are state-of-the-art. The automatic recording of the test parameters ensures testing of the highest quality.
We test, for instance, according to the requirements of the DIN 60529 and DIN 40050-9 standards.
Protection class tests against the intrusion of water
- IP X1 = dripping water (perpendicular falling drops)
- IP X2 = dripping water below 15°-angle of casing
- IP X3 = spray water at an angle of up to 60°
- IP X4 = spray water from all directions
- IP X5 = hose water
- IP X6 = intense hose water
- IP X7 = temporary immersion
- IP X8 = enduring immersion
- IP X9k = high pressure and steam-jet cleaning
As special test, we conduct waterproofness tests up to 1,000 m also suitable for larger components. Therefore we use a pressurized water tank with a diameter of 600 mm and a height of 1,600 mm.
Especially for aircraft construction applications we can employ a dripping device in our chamber, which adheres to the testing parameters for waterproofness according to RTCA DO-160 Section 10 Cat. W (Drip Proof Test) and Cat. R (Spray Proof Test).
Protection class tests against the intrusion of foreign solids
- IP 1X = test probe d = 50 mm (protection against the intrusion of foreign solids >50 mm and protection of the back of the hand against the contact of dangerous parts)
- IP 2X = test probe d = 12,5 mm, gegliederter Prüffinger (protection against the intrusion of foreign solids >12,5 mm and finger protection against the contact of dangerous parts)
- IP 3X = test probe d = 2,5 mm (protection against the intrusion of foreign solids >2,5 mm and against the contact of dangerous parts with tools)
- IP 4X = test probe d = 1 mm (protection against the intrusion of foreign solids >1 mm and against the contact of dangerous parts with wire)
- IP 5X = dust protected and protection against the contact of dangerous parts with wire
- IP 6X = dust tight and protection against the contact of dangerous parts with wire
Different types of test dust can be used, like for example talcum, Arizona dust or a mixture of Portland cement and fly ash.
Newsletter » more